Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Twitter. Amazing.

Social networking is getting more and more amazing. I previously wrote a blog about the uses of Twitter. I, myself, am becoming an avid twitterer. I am simply amazed at how useful and entertaining a simple tweet can be. Just last night I "tweeted" about how The Locator, a show I just happen to stumble upon, is one of the greatest shows on television right now. And this is coming from someone who does not watch a lot of tv! Anyways, I tweeted about my enthusiasm for the show and the next morning I got an email announcing that WEtv, the network the show is showed on, is now following me. When I went to their twitter page, I found this:

@holdentrue if you like The Locator you can follow Troy on Twitter at @TheLocator!

Even more interesting is how, we as a society, can just make up words. Since the birth of Twitter, words like "twitterer" and "tweeted" are become more and more well known.

Here is a fun video I found that may provide you some twitterism.





Like it or not, social networking has a big influence on the marketing industry now, and it's here to stay. Follow Sojo, Inc. on Twitter @sojoinc or myself @holdentrue.

No comments: